Sunday, February 27, 2011

A few changes here and there...

So to be quite blunt, I don't really give a shit what the thermometer says the temperature is outside. I also don't care that when I look outside my big living room windows I see HUGE piles of snow that look as though they are never going to go away. Nope, I just don't care about any of that. In my mind, I have simply decided that IT. IS. SPRING. DAMNIT!!! :) That being said, I am ready for SPRING STUFF, such as
1. Spring Cleaning (Okay, I'm actually not quite that excited about this one, but I know it needs to be done)
2. Planting my garden-- I will be starting this tonight after I'm finished with this blog post, more on that later ;)
3. HOME IMPROVEMENTS!! I love this time of year when I just point to things that I want changed and magically they just get done (yeah....riiiiiigggghhhtttt)
4. Ryder's birthday-- the big #4!
5. Shopping -- my list wouldn't be complete without it, I am over bulky winter clothes and always have so much fun shopping for the new seasons for Ryder each spring, summer, fall, winter...
6. Running/Walking outside again -- what a difference this makes!
7. Being able to spend some time outside again with my horse -- and testing out my new saddle!
8. MONTANA trip the last week in March --so excited for this!! Can't wait to see Joe and Kate and just to be in Bozeman again.

Okay, there are probably tons more but I'll stop. One thing on this list which we have been able to get started on is the home improvements. Of course, the basement project is well underway, this coming week/weekend we will be picking out paint and getting started. After that (so I'm told) will be painting all the walls, staining/putting up the trim, then flooring/carpeting. It is finally all coming together! BUT..... We've also been busy making our upstairs the way we want it as well. Since our house was finished a couple years ago (has it really been that long already??) we have HATED our paint situation in the kitchen. Since our living room is called "RED DRAMA" --(love it) we wanted something a little brighter for the kitchen to lighten up the space so we went with a yellow... However, it was the wrong yellow, definitely wrong and we have pretty much hated it ever since. Finally, we have started painting it over and wouldn't ya know it, we decided to continute with the "RED DRAMA" that is in our living room. It makes the whole room flow so much better and yes, it will be a little darker in the end, but we like dramatic and we like bold, so why not?? So far, we love it. Although as I speak Max just started another section of the kitchen so at the moment, half my kitchen is pepto bismal pink (puke!) because of the primer. We are also planning on putting a backsplash up eventually also which will add alot as well... We also made some changes in garage (and by we, I obviously mean Max). He built me a new cedar step/deck thing in the garage so that we can now keep all of our shoes and stuff out there, and not in the mudroom/entry way which so far has kept my house a lot cleaner! After all this is done, we want to do some more painting touch ups in our master bathroom, and also the laundry room but all of that is pretty minor...
So, most of those home improvements and the beginning of spring cleaning is what we spent most of our weekend doing! In addition to that, we were able to hang out with family for my nephew's 2nd birthday party on Saturday, went grocery shopping in Hutchinson (because I am SO FED UP with shitty fruit/produce from Walmart), and Max and I also got to go see a movie together-- No Strings Attached (very cute movie!) Today was more cleaning (blah) and building things (max) and now time to get ready for the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment