Thursday, February 3, 2011

Time to catch up!

Okay, so I suck.. Reeeealllyyy reealllyy suck! I haven't blogged for a month and a half, what?? In my defense, it was a protest. Okay, not really but in all honesty - I was simply DONE with the holidays and the busy-ness, work has been CRAZY (literally) and I really feel like right now is the first time I have really been able to relax lately because life has been that hectic...
So there. :)
To catch everyone up to speed, we had a GREAT Christmas! Christmas Eve we headed to Church and then to Mark and Cindy's where all the little munchkins ran around and couldn't wait to open their presents, so cute... Christmas day we spent part of the day with the extended Johnson family at Grandma Betty's, and the evening at my parents house with my immediate family. The following day (Yes, day 3 of Christmas activities) we made the trek to Ramsey and spent the day with the Hendrickson side, complete with sledding, a horse drawn sleigh ride (with a delicious brandy and apple cider mix--yum!!), and more good food.. By this time I was more than ready to be OVER the holidays!! Who's sick of hearing about Christmas?? Me too---Moving on...
Again, January has been a blur because my lovely job happens to get crazy in the month of January thanks to TWO huge reports due which basically had me working around the clock. I enjoy working, for the most part, but honestly feel sometimes that I don't ever get to STOP working... I literally dream about my job and find myself waking up first thing in the morning thinking about kids that I am working with and how to handle situations that are coming up. It is never-ending, but I'm thankful to have a job I can (most of the time) enjoy... On a different note, Ryder has gotten to go sledding and snowmobiling this month which makes him a happy camper! He is also still in school on Wed and Fridays and he absolutely LOVES it! He is writing his letters better than ever and is so excited to come home and tell me about his day, it is so fun to see the progress he has made...
In addition to working like crazy and chasing after Ryder, I have even started trying some new fitness classes in addition to my running and am loving them! Every Tuesday, I do an hour long Zumba class which is actually a pretty intense workout! Wednesdays Max and I both play in a volleyball league which we LOVE (our team is a mess, we just love to play, and love to laugh even more), and Saturdays my friend Becky and I have started going to a Weekend Warrior class at Core Studio in Hutchinson. It is LITERALLY 75 mins of hell. No lie. But it works and when you are done, you feel on top of the world! (Except that you usually can't walk for a few days--but if you can get pass that minuscule detail then life is grand!!) So between those classes and spending time at Anytime Fitness and running, it all has given me something new to focus on and to really work towards :) I am so over winter and working out has gotten me excited and energized for SPRING TO COME!! This horrible cold/snowy winter can just be done as far as I'm concerned... This girl is ready for spring cleaning, landscaping, vegetable gardens, flowers, spending time with Star, and just being outside again in general...
I think I heard on the radio yesterday that there is no more '6 weeks of winter left' because that freaking old hedghog decided so and damnit, I am holding him to it, bring on sprrrinnnnggg!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment