Monday, June 7, 2010

life, in general

I feel like I haven't blogged in a while... I'm trying to think of what all has happened in our lives since the last time I wrote... I'm drawing a blank, although I know we've been SUPER busy! This past weekend, especially, was a busy one for us. Friday I had off of work and ran errands with Kristin and Ryder for most of the day... Sadly, Ryder then left us for the weekend to spend it in Breezy Point (which is becomming his favorite place in the world!) with his Daddy and grandparents.... That left this mommy itching for a night out with the girls, and man, did we have just that! I won't go into any of the fabulous details, but I will tell you that we ended up at Kickers, and well, if you're from Litchfield, you know that means that you should have been cut off right around the time you closed the FIRST bar down at (which for us, was the VFW)...Needless to say, 7AM came quite early the next morning when I had to get up and get ready for Kristin's bridal shower!
Unfortunately, there was no time for a nap on Saturday. We finished up with Kristin's shower around 11 and then I headed out to the cabin to watch the Lake Stella Triatholon, which really is just a fancy name for Max, his brothers, and a few friends to compete in some kayaking, running, and biking, and then of course beer drinking and food after it's all said and done. ;) I am happy to report that my husband did NOT take last this year -- woohoo Max!! After some wonderful food and conversation with Max's family, we then headed home to shower and then immediately take off to Blaise's 3rd Birthday party... Which was then followed with Blair's birthday party, which we didn't really stick around for, because this sad excuse of a 22 year old was SPENT and needed a long back massage from my husband followed by sweet dreams in my bed! :) Sunday was a lot of landscaping and we even scored the BEST deals on perennials (except of course for the free ones we get from Cindy!!) from a local lady in town, I'm so exciting for them to bloom!!

Lastly, today is Monday which means VOLLEYBALL :) Our first game was tonight and we didn't do too bad at all! We won one game and lost two but they were SUPER close and we went into overtime every game -- our team consists of me, Max, Emily, Andy, Kristin, John, and Kyle... We are currently in the process of making shirts, yes, we are that cool.

One small note, for those of you on the facebook world, you are already aware of this, but today was my first and LAST day of a no carb diet.... NEVER AGAIN!!! I realize now that I can not live without fruit, yogurt, milk, bread, pasta, and just about EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PLANET!! I think in celebration of this decision I may just make delicious shrimp alfredo tomorrow--bring it on carbs, oh how I've missed you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment