Thursday, May 27, 2010

A little emotional....

Max and I are on a cleaning spree at the moment (as you can see, I'm taking a break;)) However...I was cleaning/organizing our closet and began to take a trip down memory lane... At the moment, all of my scrapbooking stuff was in the closet so of course I had to take a peak at some of my favorite pictures (and realized how behind I am at printing pictures, Gosh I am awful at doing that!)...went through some clothes to decide what is going on the garage sale load....and then found myself face to face with my wedding dress. I couldn't help it. I haven't put it on since the wedding over 8 months ago!
.....Needless to say, there I was at 10:30 at night hopping into my wedding gown and no, it didn't end there. I rummaged through my bathroom and put my headpeice in my hair, earrings in my ears, and my wedding necklace. I walked out and Max just kind of gave me a weird look...Luckily, after 8 months of being married, he no longer questions my randomness :)

Well then since I had the dress on, OF COURSE I had to flip through my wedding album (where I also realized how many more pictures I have to print!!) and got a little emotional! My sister is getting married, my best friends are getting married and all this wedding talk just makes me want to get married all over again! However....I will say that my lovely little stroll down memory lane makes me realize how grateful I am for the way my wedding turned out. It was truly the EXACT wedding I have been dreaming about since I was a little girl.... Nothing big, nothing over the top fancy, just close friends and family out enjoying the amazing gift of nature that God put in our world celebrating love and happiness.... I honestly don't think I would change a single thing, and THAT my friends, is a feeling of contentment like no other :)

No comments:

Post a Comment