Saturday, June 19, 2010

I'd rather be in bed....

It's 10:36pm on a Saturday night and I wish I could be sleeping right now... Lame, I know. My work week was exhausting this past week working 12-14 hour days and not getting home until 11pm and I still haven't quite caught up with sleep.... Why am I not in bed now, you may ask? Because I'm waiting for a DELICIOUS apple pie to finish baking for Father's Day tomorrow.

Long story short: My mommy-in-law taught me how to make the best apple pies in the world, I made one for Thanksgiving for my parents, my dad fell in love, and now for Father's day he is getting a homemade apple pie :) Currently, it's in the oven and starting to smell amazing, meaning it's almost done!

As I wait, you'll have to deal with me rambling on about nothing in particular... Started packing today for our trip! Countdown = t minus 4 days until VACATION!! I'm SO READY to get away for a while with Max and Ryder for a whole week just to relax, enjoy the sun (hopefully!), introduce Ryder to the ocean, feel the sand between my toes, enjoy a glass of delicious wine, eat amazing and FRESH seafood (yum!) and lose track of days and time in general.... If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty excited.

Another thing I'm pretty excited for (I told you I was going to start rambling....It's sleep deprivation, I swear) is adding another addition to the johnson farm :) Ever since I moved in with Max over a year ago on this quaint little 'farmstead' I have been dreaming of getting a horse! I think they are by far the most beautiful animals in the entire world and would love to be able to have one here to admire each day grazing in our pasture... That is, the pasture that doesn't quite exist yet, but will soon! Anyways...I've continued to bring up the idea of getting horse and somewhere along the way, someone (Max) started taking me seriously apparently. We've now been looking at a few horses and currently have been making some plans on whether or not we can/will bite the bullet and get a horse! My dad has also gotten involved in our plans lately and has offered to let us keep the horse in his pastures until we get our barn up and running and a fence up. Since he also bale's his own hay, that will help us out alot! Anyways...It could be a week, a month, or a year (who knows?) before we actually get to follow through with this horse business, but either way, the idea gives me something to look forward to!

Is it time for bed yet????

No comments:

Post a Comment