Wednesday, June 20, 2012

YIKES!

Has it really been over a month since I blogged last?! More like a month and half....Really??
I'd like to say that I simply forgot to do it, but I didn't....Not at all, actually. The truth is that the last time I blogged was May 6th- and May is simply a bad month for me. Wrapping up the school year is absolutely no fun for me at all, and the stress of it really hit me hard this year. I've had millions of emotions/bad days/ and topics that I could easily have vented to all my wonderful blog followers on PLENTY of occasions.....However, I chose not to. (You are welcome :)) I've been struggling. I don't know how else to say it, but I really just had a bad couple of months in terms of my attitude towards most things....Not all of it has been related to work, but mostly in general I just have had the feeling that my 'to-do' list just continues to grow and grow and nothing ever gets accomplished the way I want it to. Instead of coming on here, logging on, and rehashing all the stuff that has been bringing me down, knowing it would only more than likely bring anyone reading this down also, I chose to simply take a break from the blogging world. The good news is that it's now summer break and I can take a few steps back and just relax and love on my babies...And blog, of course :)
June has been SO unbelievably busy. We have literally had something going on every single weekend, which is fun--yet exhausting at the same time. Piper started crawling in early May--and since then NONE of us have stopped moving, in an attempt to keep up with that girl. She is trouble!  busy, but we love her.... Ryder started t-ball, so he's a pretty happy guy and is looking forward t kindergarten in the fall. I'm still coming to terms with this! MJ just finished his very first 1/2 Marathon, so I am ONE. PROUD. WIFEY :) Max and some friends ran the Grandma's 1/2 Marathon in Duluth last weekend and he finished the race with a time of 1hr and 48 minutes. I am so pumped for him (and Kyle, Joe, and Leah), and only a little bit sad that I didn't hop on the bandwagon too so that I could have ran w/ him.... Or let's be honest, behind him... Maybe next time?? As for me, I'm adjusting to my new role (for the time being) as just mommy. Or, mommy/house keeper/landscaper/chauffer/doctor/babysitter/maid/playmate/chef/wife/magician/etc ---whatever you prefer to call it ;) Oh- and in case you were wondering- I'm still on track with the 'one a month' running goal and finished the "Lola's Lakehouse 5K" in Waconia with Max, Joe, and Kyle on June 9th. Coming up in July is of course, the Watercade 4-Mile Run/Walk and the following weekend is the Color Run in the cities which I am SUPER excited for. I haven't stopped running my mouth about it since one of my besties texted me about it (thanks, sam!) and so literally, I don't even know who all is doing it anymore. I just know alot of us are, and it's going to be a good time... I don't have one for August yet (so I'm thinking I will just invent one in honor of the legendary twine ball and it's designated day--I heard the mayor thinks he's Usain Bolt (my husband told me to say this) so maybe he can pull some strings?? ) , but September is up in the air.... Kristin and I are considering (if she gets her but up here from Key West!!) the Women Rock 10K/ 1/2 Marathon .... We shall see :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment