Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mary Mary, Quite Contrary....

How does your garden grow?!
Well friends, for possibly the FIRST time ever, I can actually give you an answer to that silly riddle. It is (for once) growing great! This is the first year that I decided I was really going to get into this whole gardening thing. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my flowers and playing around with my landscaping, but I usually leave the vegetable gardening to Max, because it's big and intimidating. This year, however, we double teamed it and after many long hard and HOT hours in the sun this past weekend - there is not a weed in it! (Okay, maybe a few, but who's counting??) Obviously, I had to take a picture of it because goodness knows it probably won't last too long looking this way, but a girl can dream, right?!

And this, is what happens when a stay-at-home mommy gets quite bored and is feeling somewhat crafty during the day:
Because of all the work on the deck, Mr. Andy Gilbertson had lots of these little stakes laying around and he so graciously let me keep them instead of throwing them away so that I could paint them up and make some markers--because this lady gets a little confused every once in a while when trying to remember what I put where! 
So in case you were wondering what my Saturday consisted of this past weekend, there you have it. Ryder had a visit with his Grandma Nancy and little P hung out in her pack and play next to the garden while I pulled weed after weed and Max worked the tiller. In all honesty, it was so relaxing to be out there working the soil, getting sweaty, and chatting it up with the hubby enjoying our little homestead :) 
Then of course, we had to celebrate our hard work on Sunday with a breakfast brunch on the pontoon (we skipped out on church---sorry PJ and Kels!) It was the perfect morning and we didn't waste a second of it being inside. We were literally at the cabin from 10am to about 8pm and it was so relaxing! Piper even put her little swimsuit on and took her first dip in the lake--and she actually somewhat enjoyed it!




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh, tried to comment, then it showed up twice so I deleted...then both were gone. I'm not feeling techno savvy! Oh well, what I said was thanks for the call-out! I skipped church in Darwin, too, because we had our nephew Will's baptism at Ostmark this week then lunch after at our house, so I had to get ready! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend. And I want to see this garden of yours sometime--isn't it satisfying when it looks good and makes you food?!

    ReplyDelete