Sunday, May 6, 2012

One a Month!

Tonight I was feeling extra lazy....I ran some unsuccessful errands in Hutch, it was not very pleasant outside all day, and I really just felt blah. However, at 7:15pm, I laced up my good old' Brooks running shoes, and headed out the door with Ryder close behind me. He hopped on his bike and I set out for a run. I didn't want to, but I did it anyway.
And I'm so glad I did :) Runner's high is the best feeling in the world. Hands down. If I'm in a bad mood, I know the cure is to lace up and go running. Sometimes when I run I process my day at work, work through my frustrations, make mental lists in my head, or more often than not, put on some damn good workout music on pandora, put the headphones in my ears and just jam out to pass the time.
This weekend is the "Empower Race for the Future" around Lake Ripley. Proudly, I can say that since I started running again after Piper was born, I have ran either a 5K or a 7K every month! In February I ran the Frozen 5K in Spicer with my sister-in-law, Amy. March was the St.Patty's Day "Get Lucky 7K" with friends and family in the cities. April was an early Earth Day 5K in Key West with Kristin, and of course this weekend is the Empower race in Litchfield. I was hoping to do the Fitgers 5K in Duluth when Max runs his half marathon, but sadly it is already full, so looks like I will need to find a new race in June!
So my goal? One a month until..... well, who knows when!? Minnesota winters are tricky - but I'm shooting for November ---wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment