Friday, June 3, 2011

*OFFICIALLY THINKING PINK!*

A week ago today was our 20 week ultrasound and we are ECSTATIC to announce that our little 'it' is officially a 'she!' :) It's about time for a little pink in my life!

Friday was an exciting day for everyone -- Ryder had his preschool graduation and I don't think I've laughed that hard in a long time! Those little kids are so damn cute and Ryder was definitely the class clown - just up on stage shaking what his mama gave him and making anyone/everyone laugh at his goofiness... He's such a ham! After that we grabbed a super nutritious lunch at Mickey D's (haha) and dropped Ryder off at Gramma Cindy's. After downing lots of water, Max and I headed to the hospital to check in for our ultrasound. Me and my "full bladder" that they request were not in the best mood as we were sitting waiting forever to be seen by the ultrasound tech, but finally they brought us back and we got to take a long look at this beautiful little baby growing inside of me! Of course they do all the tedious medical stuff first like measuring all the organs and stuff that didn't make any sense to me.... Then the time came when the tech asked us if we wanted to know the sex and I did hesitate just a bit, but we said YES!! She then did a close up of the 'goods' and said, "Well, that looks like little girls parts to me!!" It took a second to sink in, but once it did, I don't think I stopped smiling the entire appointment, or probably for the rest of the day actually. Of course at that point in time we would have been happy with a boy or girl after knowing that everything so far looks healthy, but getting a little girl out of the deal was sure a real treat! After that, we scooted over to the clinic to meet with our doctor for my normal checkup and then got to head back home to tell everyone our exciting news! It was a fabulous way to begin our memorial day weekend!
The next day on Saturday Ryder and I left Max to do his manly stuff here at home (aka-yardwork) and we met up with my friend Kelsie and her son Carson at the Minnesota Zoo! The boys had a blast, Kelsie and I had a great time catching up, and the weather was perfect... Of course on the way home, I realized I was only a few short minutes away from the Mall of America and I just couldn't justify not stopping being so close and all.... My daughter's closet may already be filling up quickly, don't judge ;)
The rest of our Memorial Day weekend was just spent hanging out at home, catching up on stuff, and grilling out with my parents. My dad served our country for 27 years of his life and if spending the day with him grilling out at his house is how he wants to be honored on Memorial Day then that is exactly what we do!
Looking forward to another fun filled weekend this weekend... My sister is finally moved back from Warren (like 4 hours away) and both her and her husband recently got hired at Holdingford High School so they will be moving to the St.Cloud Area soon (CONGRATS NATE AND MELLISSA!!) and will be around this weekend, and tomorrow is the highly prestigious Johnson Bros Lake Stella Triatholon! Good friends, good food = good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment