Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hey crazy lady....STEP AWAY FROM THE ANIMAL CRACKERS!!

I have lots to catch up on (as per usual), but I will first start with something on my mind... A problem, really. More like an obsession, actually. Upon arriving home from Montana, we discovered we had NO food, I mean zero, zilch, nada, nothing. So, grocery shopping we went. On this particular occassion, my husband picked up the huge bag of animal crackers (for like, a dollar something, because he's cheap like that) and put them in the cart, thinking they would make good snacks for Ryder. I didn't pay much attention because in my mind, animal crackers do not have a) chocolate associated with them b) are a cracker, not a cookie, and c) they look to be quite bland to be honest... However, since they have taken up residence in my home - I CAN NOT STOP EATING THEM. It is rare to catch me in my house without a 'few' in my hand... They are so addicting and delicious. I justify this obsession since you can eat like 20 of them and there is very little fat AND sugar content, so that makes me one happy mama. Did I really just type an entire paragraph on animal crackers....Gosh, how lucky are you folks to be reading this?? :)

Okay, back track a little... On Wednesday Max and I took off (nevermind the disgusting snow storm outside) and headed out West! We went to visit Joe and Kate in Bozeman, Montana. The drive sucked (as always) but we made it and arrived safe and sound.... We spent our trip sleeping in (I think we made it to 8am one morning--woah!) shopping around downtown and hitting up some of my favorite little shops and coffee shops, enjoying the mountain views and fresh bozeman air, getting pedicures, dining out, hiking (in the snow covered mountains!), and just relaxing in general... Bozeman is so beautiful, there really is no other place like it, if you ask me... It was also a great time just hanging out with Joe and Kate, we miss those goofballs while they are gone and can't wait for them to move back home in a couple months!

While vacation is always great...It was nice to get home! What is even nicer about coming home from this particular vacation is that I still have this entire week off for Spring Break! We have been busy just catching up on laundry/cleaning/unpacking, getting outside and enjoying these (somewhat) nice days whenever possible (makes for a very muddy little boy and A LOT of laundry for his mommy), and also taking care of our new baby chicks! 16 of the little fellows made their way onto the farm yesterday and Ryder just loves going and checking in on them... Today I spoiled myself to a 90 minute prenatal massage in Hutch and it was fabulous! For now... back to cooking dinner (panko crusted chicken breasts over rice pilaf with mushrooms and alfredo sauce....yum!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment