Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The thing about pregnancy....

is that it never ends. Ever. At least it feels that way! I am ten weeks along this week and though I am thankful that I'm finally in the double digits -- I still have 30 weeks left of this craziness! And by craziness I mean.....
- doing everything in my personal power to NOT bake homemade brownies last night
- complaining to my husband about clothes already NOT fitting me -- (honestly, is this some type of joke that they play on 2nd time around moms??) I haven't actually gained any weight yet, but I literally already have pants that will not button. FRICKEN SWEET.
- constant exhaustion. I am so tired of being SO tired all the time!
- craving anything and everything all the time. A list of my current favorites: dq blizzard, ice cream in general, chocolate chip cookies, homemade brownies, honey nut cheerios, and chex mix (the cheesy kind). YUM.
- wanting to go shopping every hour of every day and spend tons of money (that I don't have!) on the little peanut -- and when that is not feasible to do (thank you, ridiculous gas prices) then I resort to spending my free time scouring the internet looking and picking out cute baby things: crib bedding, stroller, crib, etc etc etc!
- never feeling normal. I have been extremely lucky since I haven't been too sick with this pregnancy, but I still never quite feel normal. There is always something weird going on that just freaks me out or makes me feel crummy in one way or another.

- prenatal yoga class. I thought this would be super relaxing and good for my back during pregnancy, and I'm sure eventually it will, but it is so awful. The moves are so challenging and when you add in already feeling like crap to the list, not to mention having to look down at your ever growing stomach (when it looks like a fat tire around your waistline) just makes it almost unbearable. The best part about the class is that at the end they shut the lights off, light candles and put on soothing music for 'relaxation and reflection' --I secretly fall asleep every time ;)

Okay,  I will stop complaining for the day. The good news is that it is NICE outside, Spring Break is next week and I will be BOZEMAN BOUND!, and when I get back I am going to have an hour long prenatal massage and also maybe even squeeze in a much needed haircut!

No comments:

Post a Comment