Tuesday, August 31, 2010

YUM :)

I can't believe I'm saying this ALREADY, but... On Sunday, it will be Max and I's ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! I have no idea where the last year has gone, it seems like just a couple months ago I was planning our wedding and now, it's already been one full year together.

For our anniversary weekend, I actually have another wedding to be in, my long time friend Elicia's in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. I am excited to celebrate her big day with her, and even more excited to celebrate my first anniversary with my hubby the next day on Sunday! Since we'll be in Wisconsin, Max and I will be heading back to the cities Sunday morning to catch an afternoon TWINS GAME (so excited for!) and then possibly a little shopping, and then dinner (which I chose the restaurant and am keeping it top-secret because I want it to be special for Max!)

So apparently a 'tradition' for newleyweds is to eat the top of their cake on their one year anniversary, but since we had a little 'incident' with our downstairs freezer a while back, that simply wont be possible anymore since our cake pretty much went to hell and we had to throw it away. Anyways, when we were picking out a wedding cake over a year ago, Max rallied for carrot cake for the top layer. I have NEVER had carrot cake and was completely anti the idea, but gave in anyway since Max claimed it was his favorite. Since we'll be gone all this weekend, I decided to surprise Max before he got home on Sunday from golfing with my FIRST EVER homemade carrot cake--he was very happy, and I'm pleased to say that it was deeeeelicious!

It wasn't until halfway through making this scrumptious cake (I just found it in a church cookbook) that I realized it was my momma-in-law's recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment