Tuesday, August 24, 2010

::My best friend's wedding::

My best friend was married on Saturday...

I wish I could be happier about this, but in all honesty, it is a sad subject for me! I'll get to the sad part later, but first off, CONGRATULATIONS KRISTIN AND ERIC KAMMERMEIR (yes, I know, I probably just butchered your new last name, deal with it). It was such a beautiful day and the wedding was just perfect... The morning started off bright and early at 8AM (what??) at the Hampton Hotel in St.Cloud where the girly festivities of hair, makeup, food, etc began. From there it was rehearsal, lunch, bonding with our boys (ps, groomsmen of the wedding, I adore all of you--so glad I was able to meet such a fabulous group of guys!) and then of course, pictures, pictures, and more pictures. At 5pm (and about 90degrees!) at the Grands at Mulligans, the ceremony began and the happy couple said their "I do's" and happily ever after began, as well as the party of course! The reception was a GREAT time and no doubt did we end up downtown, St.Cloud at the Red Carpet for shots, dancing, and other crazy nonsense. (The next morning, however, no so cool. This girl just can't handle a hangover like I once could--->lame.)

The sad part is, Eric and Kristin are now off to KEY WEST, FLORIDA to begin their new life as husband and wife! I have no idea how I'm going to adjust to life without Kris here -- she's practically a member of the Johnson household and we pretty much do everything together. Not to mention my sister just moved 5 hours away as well, which has also been an adjustment. I am so excited for all of them and I know how exciting moving away and starting out somewhere new can be, so even though I will be lost without them for a while, I am thrilled for the new adventure they are beginning!! I'm also excited to go visit -- trip to Florida in October??? Hmmm...I think so! :) Get on that, hubby!

On a side note, I think Ryder played hookie today from daycare. I made it to Kandiyohi this morning only to get a phone call from Max saying that Ryder threw up this morning. I, being the concerned mommy that I was, turned around right away and called into work to be home with my poor little man.... I got home a half hour later to a very tired/sick looking little boy. I wasn't feeling the best either so we tucked ourselves into bed and went back to sleep all snuggled up.... After that, we woke up and Ryder was F-I-N-E the rest of the day! Running around, playing, eating, no big deal..... I secretly think he just likes to stay home with his momma! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment