Thursday, August 19, 2010

Only In Darwin....

do you see in broad daylight, in someone's FRONT yard, with a crowd of enthusiastic, beer holding, pot bellied individuals as spectators....a pickup truck decide to drive up on top of two little cars. Wait, I'm not finished -- this particular truck could not make it all the way on top of the two cars, so then next up comes a BIG BRONCO (out of nowhere??) that makes the biiiiiggg climb all the way on top, then over the two little cars, then proceeds to back up back on the little cars, park his precious Bronco (on top of the two cars), get out of the bronco and do a victory "shake". What I mean by this is he lifted his shirt and SHOOK his belly in victory as the crowd cheered.

You may think I'm kidding, but I'm not. This was just one of many highlights of Darwin Day this year. Moving right along.... For the second year in a row, Max and I got a volleyball team put together. It was me, Max, John, Megan, Mellissa, and Joe. We weren't the best this year (haha--who is surprised by this??) but it was a good time anyway! Ryder was with his daddy for the weekend so later in the evening we went out to the cabin, grilled some delicious food (my husband is an amazing griller, no lie) and hung out with our good friends, Joe and Kate. My sister and Nate re-joined us again at one point in time (after they were done screaming with eachother...For anyone reading this who thinks I am difficult.....Have you met my sister Mellissa?? :)) Anyways, as tradition goes, Max, Joe, Kate, and I made the long trek (like 2 miles?) into Darwin and visited with the local darwinites! SUCH a fun night-- great crowd!! Then when Jacks decided it was time to close up shop, we made the long WALKING trek to Jen and Josh's house and harassed them into hanging out with us in their garage for another hour or so. I won't go into details about our trip home for the night, only I will admit their was a golf cart in our yard the next morning-haha! :S

Okay, that was my excitement for the weekend last weekend. Now, it's Thursday and I am DONE with work for the week and have a FULL WEEKEND OF WEDDING BLISS ahead of me!! T-Minus 2 days until Kristin and Eric's big day!! Tonight, however, is all about the little man and we are headed to the McLeod County Fair Motorcross tonight!! He is so excited! He's been riding his little dirtbike around all afternoon since I picked him up from daycare! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment