Monday, May 3, 2010

...I am now officially mother of a three year old.. :(

So, Ryder's third birthday came and went... I still can't believe that my little boy is already three years old!! Makes me miss having a little baby in the house, although Ryder's in such a fun stage that it makes up for it ;)
April 28th, 2010: We started off Ryder's birthday morning by sleeping in as a family (LOVE THAT!) and then having some breakfast where I was surprised with a huge bouquet of flowers, just for bringing Ryder into the world! What a great surprise!! My husband has his moments :) We then gave Ryder a small gift (just some books, small trucks etc) since he already had gotten his REAL birthday present (Backyard Adventures Swingset) a few weeks earlier.. Then, we allpacked up and took off to COMO ZOO :) We were so blessed to have had a BEAUTIFUL day to check out all the animals and have some yummy lunch outside! Ryder was so sweet, he insisted that all the animals were wishing him a happy birthday, and then for a while he forgot that it was his birthday, so he started telling all the animals "Happy Bir-day, Lion, Happy Bir-day Zebwa" etc, etc. So cute! We then played at a park and eventually headed home where Ryder (and Mommy ;) took a nice afternoon nap while Max drove.. In the evening, Ryder went to spend some time at his daddy's house and played --overall, a great birthday for my little man! He is so excited to be "free" (aka-three!)..
THEN.... Yesterday (Sunday) was Ryder's birthday party at our house... With about 25 people in our home, things were a little "cozy" but we made do just fine and I think everyone was comfortable. It's so fun to see Ryder get together with all of his cousins on the Johnson side... All in all,there are 6 cousins (and one on the way, Amy is due in July with another little boy:)) Yes...that will make SIX boys and ONE girl in the family ranging from age 2-7-- crazy!! The odds are not looking that great for me to bring a little girl into this world someday, but I plan to try anyway ;) Anyway, the kids played like crazy, we had a great lunch, yummy chocolate cake, and then of course opened presents. I couldn't help but feel guilty about all the presents Ryder received... An automated tball baseball machine, a scooter, basketballs, baseballs, bow and arrow, clothes, sandbox toys, a set of golf clubs, money, cowboy hat, etc just to name a few...Then, we took him outside to show him his final present from his Dad.... It was a DIRTBIKE! If you know my son, you would know that he ABSOLUTELY LOVES anything with a motor and moves! He talks about dirtbikes all the time and was so excited to find out he now has one of his own! It's a yamaha pw50 (and yes, it has training wheels on it, THANK GOD!!)...It seems crazy for a three year old to own a dirtbike, but I think he will love it eventually once he gets a little better at driving it, I couldn't believe that he wasn't scared of it at all, but he wasn't. He had to take it for a drive right away and loved it.. It makes me one nervous mommy, but I know he'll get it eventually and we will make sure he is SAFE as can be on it!
As for today...I'm working three tens this week so I have Monday off AND Friday off this week, love weeks like that! Praying for some nicer weather soon, this windy/cloudy/mess that we've been having I can do without....

No comments:

Post a Comment