Tuesday, February 4, 2014

....this is how I know it's been a couple years since I was pregnant last

I can tell it's been a while since Max has been the husband to a pregnant wife. Last night, while chatting together on the couch doing a little trip planning, Max looked down and noticed there was a popsicle stick sitting in my lap, in addition to the one I was currently sucking away on.
Let me remind you, it's not warm here in the slightest and I may or may not have put some cozy socks and a big sweatshirt on just so I could comfortably eat my popsicle(s) without freezing.
He stared at me for a long time before saying, "It's like you're prepping for a craft project for Ryder or something with all the popsicles you've been collecting these days!" and burst out laughing. Then he quickly got up and made his way off the couch and out of my reach for his own safety.
Men.
To my defense, they are "organic fruit" popsicles and for whatever reason, I want them every night around 8pm. What baby wants, baby gets :)
Speaking of baby, we are still trucking along in a timely fashion. Tomorrow makes 18 weeks, and exactly 2 weeks until our next ultrasound. We've decided not to find out the gender at the ultrasound, but we may have the tech jot down the baby's gender (if she's able to see it!) in a card and seal it in an envelope for us where we will hopefully be able to open a couple days later while in San Diego with some of our closest friends. We'll see what happens!



No comments:

Post a Comment