Monday, February 17, 2014

a week i'd rather move on from....

If I think back to the last 7 days and what this household/homestead/family has been through, I actually start laughing. It's all I can do because we've seen it all.

Illness, check! Death of a beloved pet? Check! Vehicle breakdown on side of the road? You bet! Illness again? Ohhhh yes! Another snowstorm? Well obviously....
Seriously, I can't make this stuff up! This really has been our week but thankfully, we are trucking our way through it one day at a time and we have for the most part, been able to remain positive. We've had a virus circling through and thankfully it was super quick, but apparently a few days later when you think you are healthy you get another dose of it... Ryder is home sick from school today with stomach issues--my poor toilets!! And on Valentine's day evening (sometime during the night) my quarter horse Starr passed away. It was super sad and the minute Max walked into the house I already knew what had happened just by the look he had on his face. Starr was old, and was definitely starting to show signs of her aging, but the extremes that this winter has thrown at us really made it miserable for her. It was hard for her to get around in the deep snow and ice that kept accumulating so in a way, I felt relief knowing she is currently in a green pasture somewhere covered in apple trees for her to munch on all day long :) As for the vehicle breaking down, it is currently in the shop getting fixed, so I am told.

Okay, so like I mentioned, not the best week for the Johnson crew but we are hoping for better (and warmer!) days ahead... On Wednesday, we get to see our little babe for our 20 week ultrasound, and Friday morning we head to San Diego  for a long weekend with our good friends. I will get SUPER anxious right before our flights because I do worry about traveling without the kids, but at the same time, I am ready for a little vacation. It's calling for mid 70's while we are there and I think I may go in shock when I feel what 70 degrees feels like. My body just doesn't remember that kind of heat! Soon after we return, we leave yet again to Honolulu, Hawaii for a banking convention. We feel so blessed to have these opportunities during such a relentless wint
er, and we know that after baby #3 comes, we likely won't be getting away anytime soon, so we are going to take advantage of these vacations while we can! Facetime and Skype will be my pick-me-ups when I am missing home and the little ones! I know they will be in good hands and are going to have so much fun hanging out with all of their favorite people!


                                              
                                                                On to greener pastures, starr bella boo :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment