Monday, August 27, 2012

showing love for the locals!

Growing up, there were many things I hated about living in a small town. The drama, the gossip, the boredom, the lack of a Caribou Coffee, the list goes on and on! However, now that I'm an adult and am married with 2 kids, I live in an even SMALLER town than I used to.....And I love it! Being in Darwin, I'm so blessed to have so many wonderful communities surrounding us. What I don't love, however is that the nearest Target is 25 miles away, the nearest decent mall (and Caribou) is more like 40miles away. Not cool.
Luckily for me, our surrounding communities have some pretty awesome local stores in them and I love to do my shopping at them whenever possible! For instance, if you haven't been on HWY 12 recently heading through Dassel, then you may not have had a chance to stop by JM CREMPS, the new adventure store for boys. Ryder and I visited this store after having lunch with Max last week and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. He now refers to it as his new favorite store and he pointed out just about everything and told me to 'put it on his Christmas list' for Santa.... Ummm, a one-stop shop for ALL of Ryder's Christmas shopping??? YES PLEASE, SIGN ME UP! :) The store is actually right across the street from Max's work (how convenient ;)) in the old train depot. The store is simply amazing, with lots of different 'themed' rooms holding everything boys of all ages want to get their hands on: hunting, fishing, camping, toys, projects, books, the list goes on and on. Their grand opening is actually this weekend (Labor Day Weekend) and you will definitely make sure you stop by and check it out! If you can't make it this weekend-- check out their website!
Other favorites of mine include DeeAnn's Country Village in Litchfield, Little Red Hen and Whimsy Green Occasional Shops in Dassel, Chuck's Floral in Cokato, and Ali J Boutique and Happy Sol in New London. For some reason, my wallet is much lighter after visiting these stores, but I'm okay with that!
Happy Monday.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment