Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I want to teach you...

It's a rainy kinda morning....cloudy, kind of chilly, and the kind of morning that makes me crave a caramel mocha, lounge in my sweats, spend an hour on skype with my bestie, play with my babies, and pin like crazy, obviously. So that is exactly what I've been doing and will continue to do all day today!
Speaking of my bestie, I was on her pinterest board today and stumbled across a blog with a link to "Raising a Girl: 100 things I want to teach my daughter" so I read it of course. I loved it.
I find myself thinking constantly about what kind of a girl I hope to raise Piper as.... Some of my favorites of the list were:
Beauty is a state of mind, not a state of body.
There will always be mean girls – that doesn’t mean we find a tower and Rapunzel ourselves away from the world.
Your daddy has loved you better and longer than any boy ever will.
Cook, decorate, clean, organize because you love to, not because someone tells you you’re meant to. (Amen!!!)

Staying up late to read a good book is never time wasted.

I’m on your side; especially on the days when it doesn’t feel like it.
Always fight fair. But don’t be afraid to fight
Long hair requires a really good conditioner.
good cry is great therapy.
Dad will be the one helping you with math homework.
If it makes you feel uncomfortable, don’t do it, wear it or say it.
Challenge yourself.
Jesus loves you. Always.
You will always be my baby girl    ..........so very, very true :) 

For a complete list of the 100 things, click here :)   Hope you are all enjoying this rainy/cloudy/ishy day as much as I will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment