Friday, November 11, 2011

journey back to the jeans

It's Veterans Day today, and because of all  the amazing men and women who've served this country, I'm safe and spending the day with my family, free to do as I please :) So thanks to all the vets for all you do-- especially my dad! :)

It's been a great morning so far. The hubby went hunting this morning and I, feeling quite motivated, surprised him by making homemade chocolate chip scones for when he got home....mmmmmm....I am enjoying one (okay, two) as we speak, in my pjs, with my cup of caribou blend coffee with peppermint cream :) Life is good..

However, I'm on a mission. Little miss P turned five weeks old yesterday and I decided that enough time had passed and it was time for me to get moving. Literally. I went to my first post-baby Zumba class last night and it felt so good! It is going to be soooo hard to go faithfully because as the temperature continues to drop and winter comes, all I want to do is just snuggle up and not go anywhere! BUT-- I am not going to let that happen. As far as numbers go, I really don't have much weight to lose to get back to my prebaby weight, but I am adding a few pounds on top of that anyway, because I really wasn't happy with my prebaby weight so I figure I might as well aim high and set my goal for the weight I actually want to be at. I'm not in a hurry, I realize that just 5 weeks ago I had a 7lb child in my belly, but as well all know the holidays are upon us and God knows that if I don't at least make an effort to drop some pounds, holiday cookie exchanges will do me in and then I will really have a lot of work to do! The sucky thing about post-baby bodies are that it really doesn't matter what the scale says, your body is completely different anyway so even though your prebaby clothes may fit, they don't fit right, or at least, they probably don't look very good. (***Sidenote, if you are confused by this and have had a child, it probably means you are one of "those" women who have a baby and look fabulous by the time you walk your little self out of the hospital. In that case, good for you, but I'm not interested in being friends with you right now... Thanks for understanding.***)  :)
So anyway... My journey back to my jeans has begun! I won't be following any type of diet because after watching EVERYTHING I ate while I was pregnant with gestational diabetes, I just want to be able to eat normally again and since I'm generally a healthy eater (minus the two scones I just had....in my defense, they were small) I'm not too concerned about that. What I will be doing though, is drinking LOTS of water during the day, going to Zumba (90 min class) at least twice a week, and doing the occasional yoga for toning, and walking/jogging on the treadmill when I feel like it. I also won't be buying ANY transitional clothes, because most of my clothes fit at this point anyways, they just look like hell and seeing that will only motivate me! So wish me luck....
It's another beautiful (but somewhat chilly) fall day and this house has a lot of work to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment