Thursday, July 1, 2010

Barefoot. Bikini. Beach.

Those three words have pretty summed up our last week, and what a wonderful week it was! Unfortunately, we are back to reality now, and although life in Darwin is pretty exciting - nothing can compare to the memories we made in Kure Beach, North Carolina. Between spending time with family, lounging in the pool, shopping with the hubby, spending lazy afternoons at the beach, eating the MARVELOUS southern food, and checking out local attractions, we were busy to say the least! I wasn't sure how Ryder was going to take the beach, the sand, the ocean, the people, etc, but he LOVED it!! He loved to spend his time building jumps in the sand for his trucks and running in and out of the ocean squealing with delight as the tide would wash up on his little toes...It was so precious to watch him, and yes, I took a MILLION pictures :) (Will post some eventually...) I am so proud of my little man and how well he did on the WHOLE vacation, I can't believe how adapting and cheerful he was! I am so glad we spent the money and decided to go, it was a vacation we will never forget...

Although vacation was amazing, we are also very happy to be home with our puppies again (who are currently snoozing at the bottom of my feet as I write this). We missed them so much! We also were excited to come home and see what new flowers have bloomed and how BIG everything had gotten in our garden! Ryder and I enjoyed some yummy sugar snap peas fresh out of the garden today--they were delicious! Makes all that hard work well worth it...

Now this weekend we are looking forward to a long fourth of July weekend-- hanging out with family and getting stuff done around the house, story of my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment