Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love/Hate...

A few things I have a love/hate relationship with:

...jillian michaels, need I say more?? Worst 20 minutes of my life, but when it's over I feel GREAT!!

...my job, office drama is NOT my thing, in addition to long hours away from my family and overnight work trips (SUCK.) however, the youth in my program are THE BEST! :)

...red beets. Okay, so my sister in law, Amy, raved about these things one night while Max and I were just about to start planting our garden, she swore up and down that her kids loved them and that they taste IDENTICAL to sweet corn...... Low and behold, it's true. We made them for the first time tonight and they are SUPER YUMMY and taste JUST LIKE sweet corn!! However, the DEEP red purple and texture throws me off a little bit, and it makes your teeth resemble that of a blood sucking vampire (Speaking of vampires...I have YET to go see the new Eclipse movie---ooohhhhhh jacob!!! :))

...central air -- I love being outside on a hot summer day and then walking into a fresh cool house, but within minutes I am digging through my closet for sweat pants and a hoodie because then I just start to freeze. I prefer the good ol' open windows and ceiling fans any day!

...the idea of Ryder starting preschool in a few short months, when did my sweet baby turn into a preschooler????

...CANDY -- In my opinion, the path to hell is paved with tootsie rolls, smarties, licorice, and chocolate!! I consider myself to be a pretty healthy eater, I usually have a decent breakfast, soymilk, an apple everyday, love veggies, salads for lunch, etc... HOWEVER, if there is the slightest hint of something sugary (candy) around me, I fall for it everytime. Sometimes all I need is a little smartie or jolly rancher to get me going, but honestly, it's my downfall. Very frustrating...

I could go on forever, but I should really catch up on our past weekend... It was afterall, WATERCADE ! :) Ahhhh, nothing like Watercade to bring out the best in Litchy Patch ;) Friday night was the beach party where Ryder had a blast running around to all of our friends and harassing them as best he could, then he got to stay up super late to watch a SPECTACULAR fireworks show over the lake which he loved, then it was back home and into bed we went! Saturday morning was supposed to be the lake ripley run, although we didn't really have a sitter and the run started super early in the morning, so instead, I did the walk at 9:30 with Sam and Gavin, Kristin and Beth, and of course, Ryder in his stroller.... Well, apparently God decided to punish me for not waking my lazy ass up for the run, and it rained nearly the whole 4 mile walk around Lake Ripley -- Ryder was not so impressed, as you can imagine.... However, we made it! Then of course later that evening came the parade and then Ryder was brought to "Mema Nancy's" for the night so Max and I could attend the highly anticipated street dances... Ummmmm, not so much. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood or something, but due to the rain (no parking lot street dance) everyone and their mother's brother packed into every bar in town and wow, was it crowded! After about an hour (maybe less?) at the VFW, a very sober Max and Danielle returned home for a good night's sleep!

As a side note....... All of my horse talk is finally being put into action! Sunday Max and I drove to Alexandria to look at Star, a registered quarter horse mare who we fell in love with--she is pretty much everything we have been wanting for our 'perfect first horse', she's older, in her upper teens, so very calm, great around children, and seemingly very easygoing! We decided not to make a decision that very day as we really wanted to think on it to be sure, but we have decided to go ahead and get her--due to our schedules we won't be able to go pick her up for a couple weeks and we have a lot to get done before then, but it's definitely still exciting for us! Wish us luck :)

Wow, what a random/all over the place blog post -- deal with it.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment