Thursday, January 24, 2013

Untrustworthy eggs...

It's freaking cold. My chickens, in addition to the rest of us, are not happy about it apparently. They are on strike and refusing to lay eggs. 
Since I've been trying to get plenty of protein in, I've been eating a lot of eggs in the mornings. Now my eggs are gone.
Yesterday, the hubby came home with a few groceries because he knew how much I had going on that night and there was a few things we really couldn't go without any longer. He whipped out a carton of eggs......That he bought from the grocery store..... They were white.....They were small..... They didn't look like my eggs and I had a really hard time accepting the fact that I was going to have to eat these eggs for a while. I was really struggling with these damn eggs, and even though I have a rather love-hate relationship with my chickens-- I suddenly really missed their egg-popping out abilities. 
Then Max laughed at me and reminded me that prior to two years ago-- I had probably only ever eaten "store-bought" eggs and that I would more than likely survive this rather temporary stage in my life. 
He may be right-- but until then, I will still miss my pretty brown eggs produced by my very own bitchy chickies. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment