Sunday, January 20, 2013

-15 degrees, why not?!

It is freezing outside. Actually well below freezing. However, it puts me in the BEST mood ever because it just means we are all hunkered down and snuggled up together for the next couple days and I.LOVE.IT :) It also means there is lots of extra time for coffee, pinterest, house projects, and playing! I'll warn you this blog is going to be quite random because I should actually split it up into a bunch of different blogs, but I'm not going to.... So just go with it :)

First of all, my best friend ran her very first ever half marathon in Key West this morning. A run I wanted so badly to do with her, but never found that money tree to buy my plane ticket with (Update: I'm still searching for that tree :)) Huge shoutout to goes to Ms. Kristin --you are truly an inspiration--not to mention a rockstar! You can read about her journey here :)
Now if I could only convince her to join me for the Get Lucky Half Marathon here in March--we'd be good to go;)

Speaking of running-- I'm happy to say that I not only met, but I surpassed my goal of running a race every month after doing the Winterfest Frozen 5k last year with my sisterinlaw Amy, and also finishing it once again for the second year in a row yesterday. If you remember correctly from MANY blogs back-- I had wanted to do a race through November, and I kicked that goal's ass and went ahead and did a race in December and also now in January--just to end on a good note. But like everyone with a good goal-- I know I could go farther. To date, the longest race I've completed is a 10k, which is around 6 miles... This year, my goal is to complete a half marathon--possibly the Get Lucky in March, otherwise maybe Fargo?? That reminds me that I'm facing a 7 mile run today--ready Justina/Betsy?!
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Runners are just good people.

If you're wondering why I have the time to blog all this randomness this morning it's because my little sunshine is napping, and I have to be on the computer anyway to upload my pictures to create my 2013 calendar  (only a month late--no worries!) Why the desire for a calendar now in the middle of March?? Well I would love to show you, but I'm going to withhold from showing pictures until it's all done.......I found a desk that I fell in love with the other day online and off to Menards we went to buy some wood. It's now sitting almost finished in my garage and I am absolutely thrilled with it so far. I've created the perfect little nook for it downstairs and I can't wait to decorate my new 'office area' and sit my (someday) brand new beautiful MAC desktop on it....(sigh!) :) I love that handy man..... I love having a husband who I can literally show a picture too and he jumps at the chance to play around with his tools to make it for me.

Speaking of my husband....that poor poor guy!! I drug him all over Willmar yesterday after our run to pick out new paint colors and a bunch of other fun materials for some new things I'm hoping to do to the good old casa de johnson :) I'm itching for some cosmetic changes, and what better time of year to do stuff than when you are stuck in the house due to the ridiculous temperatures outside??

---Stay warm :)


No comments:

Post a Comment