Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Yawn....

It's not quite 9pm, on a Wednesday night and Max and I are getting ready for bed.
Yep, not quite 9 o'clock.
Truth is: I'm exhausted.
I used to think that 'balance' was something that gymnasts did on a beam. Then I had children, and a career, and a husband, and a home to upkeep, and realized that I will be forever trying to 'balance' everything in our lives. Trying being the keyword in that sentence (although failing is probably a more accurate term).
Every day I'm trying to be as organized as humanly possible, I'm trying to think a full day in advance just to mentally prepare myself for what the next day will bring. I used to compare myself to what other people were doing, or let myself feel guilty when I don't feel like I've accomplished enough for a day, but then I realized that other than making myself crazy, it wasn't doing much for me. So enough of that business!
 So as we're getting ready for bed (at 8:45pm) and I'm teasing my husband about how absolutely lame we are, I need to remind myself that holding down careers, raising two amazing children, putting our marriage first, keeping our house a home, and working out (for the sole purpose of keeping our sanity) IS actually a little tiresome.
And with that, I'll say goodnight :)


1 comment:

  1. agree!! sometimes we all need to recognize what we're doing is more tiresome than we give ourselves credit for!

    ReplyDelete