Monday, September 26, 2011

Yep... Still Preggo

I will be 38 weeks on Friday and I. Am. Still. Pregnant. I wouldn’t be so surprised, after all, I do still have a little over 2 weeks until my due date, but this weekend was rough. There were more than a couple occasions where we felt like any moment we would be heading to the hospital, and yet here I sit, still pregnant, still huge, and still wondering when the heck this little girl is going to decide to grace me with her presence.


Let’s back up a little bit… Last Tuesday I saw my doctor for my routine checkup and she decided to check me to see how things were going ‘down there’. I wasn’t too surprised to find out that I was dilated to 2cm and was about 50% effaced… I had been SO uncomfortable that I just knew something had to have been going on and so wasn’t very surprised, but it made me wonder how much longer this baby was going to hold out for, and how far I would get dilated on my own before ‘real labor’ kicked in… After my appointment, I headed over to the hospital to begin a “non-stress test” and biophysical profile for the babe… It was actually kind of fun as I didn’t know what to expect (they only do these for high-risk pregnancies or pregnancies with diabetes so I’ve never had one before) but it was so fun to see little one once again on the ultrasound screen where they tested her on a bunch of different things and to see how she responds in her environment. Then I had to go up to one of the labor and delivery rooms and get comfy in the bed and get hooked up to a monitor to record the baby’s heartbeat. Everytime the baby moved inside of me, I had to push a button, which made a mark on the monitor sheet and they checked to make sure that the baby’s heartbeat increases when she moves around. It was nice to be able to check out the rooms since the hospital has been completely redone since I had Ryder but I did get butterflies in my stomach laying in the L&D room hooked up to the monitor because it made me realize that I will be back there soon for the real deal! Which, like I was saying earlier, we really thought was going to be this weekend. Friday night was AWFUL and I *may* have overdone it just a touch with some cleaning projects that I wanted to get done around the house (can you say, nesting??) and I was exhausted when it was time for bed…. However, I was up all night with horrible back pain and lots of cramping/contractions. I knew I wasn’t in labor as the contractions were very sporadic and the pain never intensified, it just remained constant, and annoying. I couldn’t sleep through it at all, so I was up for the most part, all night. I finally got a few hours of sleep in the early morning before Ryder woke up and for the most part (other than many annoying Braxton hicks contractions) Saturday was like every other day. We had a great time at my nephew Gus’s 7th birthday party and although Max and I were exhausted, we were so glad we went! It was a beautiful day and the kids had so much fun playing and running around like always… The rest of the weekend I felt pretty good so yesterday Ryder and I spent the day with his great-grandma, grandma Janet, Auntie Lissa, and great-aunt Karen and cousin, Sarah. We checked out a couple of local orchards around the cold spring area and just enjoyed another beautiful day together…

Today, Monday, although I am slightly bummed out that I am not home recovering with a newborn, I must say that I feel the best that I have felt in a LONG time. My chiropractor visits have finally paid off because I am not so sore/uncomfortable anymore and I got a good night of sleep last night, which helps tremendously! This week looks like another mild week full of sunny days and high temps! Other than 3 doctor/diabetes/nst appointments this week, I am SO looking forward to Wednesday as some of my closest girl friends and I are getting together for probably the last time before I am tied down to a newborn! Can’t wait—love you girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment