Thursday, April 21, 2011

For the love of ZUMBA....

During long weeks (like this one felt like!) Thursday nights seem to take forever to get here... Thursday nights are Zumba nights - along with Saturday mornings and they are to be treasured! My sister-in-law Jen and I are faithful Dassel~Cokato Zumba participants and we like to think we work our asses off (literally!) for 90 minutes during each class session. Sadly, I am probably the only person in class whose belly is GROWING, not shrinking, but what can you do?? It still feels amazing to be able to get out of the house, get a great (and fun) workout in, and feel good about doing something good for myself! I will be truly bummed when the day comes that this preggo body of mine (or my doctor!) no longer allow me to participate in Zumba, so I enjoy it while I still can! If you have not ever given a real Zumba class a try-- I highly suggest you do so...

Okay, so other than shaking it at Zumba, we have been BUSY. And it's only going to get busier... Our basement is still sucking up the majority of my husband's time -but I think he secretly loves it. I have never considered Max to be a 'handy man' by any means but in the last year and half that we've been married, he has truly amazed me by his abilities, or more so, his willingness to learn since many of his friends are handy... All of this week he has been staining, painting, and tiling the entryway, bathroom, and shower. Early next week, the carpet gets installed and then our plumber will come finish up the last minute installations in the bathroom. After that, the basement will be pretty much DONE. We are excited/nervous to move Ryder into his new 'big boy room' downstairs to see how he does so we can start working on creating a nursery :) This was an exciting week for us because we ordered both the baby's crib bedding as well as Ryder's new bedding and they both arrived in the mail. We are so happy with both sets, which is a relief... Other than the basement, we are looking forward to spending Easter with our families this weekend and celebrating Ryder's 4th birthday next week! The week after that is Mother's day so you could say we have a busy few weekends ahead of us!! Thank goodness some of my energy is back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment