Monday, April 14, 2014

it's a....

Late post, obviously. 
Moving right along though....

One of the highlights of our San Diego Trip was finding out the sex of this little babe inside of me! Thanks to Kristin for orchestrating the whole gender reveal, it turned out to be such a fun experience :) And we are THRILLED with the outcome!


Following our 20 week ultrasound, this is what we were left with. An envelope sealed by our ultrasound tech with a circled "boy" or "girl" on the inside....  After the ultrasound, Max took the envelope to his trusted coworker at the bank and had him open it, and text the results to Kristin out in San Diego. --Thanks, Ben!!  We could have just had this card mailed to Kristin, but since we were leaving for San Diego the next day, we didn't want to risk it not getting there in time! Kristin received the exciting news and was forced to keep her mouth shut until the time came to share the news with us. We decided to find out at dinner on Saturday night since we already had reservations at a really nice restaurant. The anticipation was killing us and we kept going back and forth the whole time with what we all thought the baby was.... By the time we finished our meal, we had a little surprise come to us. 


A desert plate with card. A card in a PINK envelope, that is.... That was my first clue that we were obviously having another little girl. 

The card seemed a little boyish, but since it was more of a periwinkle blue, I figured it could go both ways.... We opened it up and immediately I skimmed over the whole wording in the card to what Kristin had written in at the bottom. She had created a sweet little poem:


Since I was so antsy to figure out what this sweet babe inside of me had for 'goods' I read it so quickly that at first I told Max "It's another girl!" --but he didn't really respond, he just kept looking at the card as if he was reading it over and over. It was then that I read it again, slower, and realized that my eyes had tricked me and we were not, in fact, having another girl. 


Our excitement, as we realized that we were getting the little BOY we had (secretly) been hoping for! I love how excited Max looks in this picture :) Don't get me wrong, I would have been so happy to have another little girl to love on, and for P to have a little sister (because little sisters are obviously awesome--right Mellissa?!) but I knew Max wanted a boy to pass on his name, and I just felt it was a boy the whole time! The most important thing, of course, was finding out that baby looked great at the ultrasound and so far, everything continues to look healthy and beautiful-- finding out it was a boy was just icing on the cake! We are so thankful and blessed to have such amazing friends to orchestrate this, and to celebrate with :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment