Monday, October 21, 2013

Sunday's Juggling Act

At one point in time yesterday afternoon, Max and I were 'relaxing' and not doing a whole lot of anything and we both commented on what a perfect end to the weekend it had been. Now, thats not to say that we weren't busy, because we were. Here's a quick glimpse of what our Sunday was like:

Early A.M-- Max is up and out the door to go bowhunting. It's his "happy place" :)
8am- I am up with the kids, got them dressed and fed them breakfast.
9am- Max returns home (no deer, unfortunately!) and takes a shower while I get dressed and ready for a run.
9:40am- I head into town for my LAST long run before the half marathon this weekend! It was brutal and I had to run in the rain for the first 4 1/2 miles, but it was worth it and I made my goal of 12 miles. My leg issues are nearly healed and I was so happy to get that run over with!
10:30am- While I am still out on my run, Max takes the kids to church
12pm- I return home, stretch out with some yoga poses while playing with the kids, and feed them lunch while Max goes on HIS run for the day.
2pm- Piper is down for her nap, we spend some quality time with Ry before he heads to his dad's for the evening.
3pm- Ryder leaves with his dad, Max and I lounge around with coffee while making our meal plan/grocery list for the week -- (**We use the Paprika App on our Ipad and we love it! Check it out if you haven't already!)
4:30pm- We wake up Miss P from her nap so we can head over to my parents for the evening. Max and my dad went out bowhunting and us girls just relaxed, played, and watched House Hunters repeatedly!
7pm-- We headed home so we could put the kids to bed.
8pm- Kids in bed, Max runs to the grocery store and I picked up the house and started in on some laundry.

Needless to say, we slept well last night! Weekends (well actually, everyday!) is a juggling act for us since we both have our hobbies/stuff we want/need/like to do. And of course, we both want to spend time with the kids as well... Days like yesterday make me so appreciative for the relationship that I have with Max-- I can't imagine doing this alone!



No comments:

Post a Comment