Wednesday, August 21, 2013

June '13

June may have been one of the craziest months we've ever had. Ryder finished up his Kindergarten year at Dassel Elementary and I finished up my own school year, for good this time.... Due to loss of funding, my grant was not going to be funded for the 13-14 school year and since we have been debating about the idea of me staying home with the kids for the last couple of years, it seemed like maybe this was the best time to make that transition. I will say that I have never in my life envisioned myself as a stay at home mom, but sometimes things change and right now, it is what my family needs. I think it's in my nature to always look for little things to 'dabble in' on the side because I like contributing to our finances and having a little extra money to spend and because I do actually love working most of the time, but for right now, Max and I both believe that home is where I need to be for a while....
Goodbye office, goodbye career!

So after we wrapped up with school it was full throttle as we jumped into basketball camps, vacation bible school, kinderball, and swimming lessons! I think my tahoe is still recovering from all the miles she had to put on in those first few weeks :) Then we celebrated the wedding of some of our best friends, Joe and Katy Beckman in Waseca. Piper was honored to be their little flower girl, Max was 'co-best man' and we had such a fun time!! The following morning was father's day and after the long drive back home we spent the rest of the day relaxing with our little fam.... The following weekend was busy as I threw my sister a baby shower honoring my little nephew to be (at the time!) and after that, Max and I said goodbye to our kiddos and our loving bed as we dove into the boundary waters for a canoe trip with Max's brothers and their wives.... I told you June was busy :)

my basketball stud...

I passed, mom! 
My sweet flower girl (who actually was NOT acting very sweet earlier that day!) 

Piper helping Auntie Lissa open presents for baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment