Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cowboy take me away....

I'm kind of obsessed with the Pioneer Woman (aka- Ree Drummond). I heard about her blog a LONG time ago and started poking around her website because there is SO much to explore. I love her photography, her food, her show on the food network, and basically, I enjoy living vicariously through her. In a different life, I think I would love to be a rancher's wife. (Minus the being in the middle of nowhere factor). The horses on her ranch are stunning, and I can only imagine how peaceful it is to look outside your window and see miles and miles of wide open land. I also wouldn't mind looking out at her cowboy hunk of a husband from time to time. Seriously, he is yummy. Recently I read her book, From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It was an easy read, and who doesn't love a good love story every now and then?!
Anyway, the reason for my post is my lunch which is sitting in front of me. A couple weeks ago I decided to try her chicken spaghetti recipe in her first cookbook. It was amazing. I don't usually like my pasta 'baked' after being cooked, but this was so  good I didn't even mind. It's pretty simple with just pasta, chicken, cream of mushroom, pimentos, green peppers, and cheese and more tasty ingredients all thrown together. I added mushrooms, because if it was up to me, sauteed mushrooms would be included in EVERY meal. :) As I was making the dish however, I realized that her big family eats much more than my little family does. So, I was left with half the dish to freezse, which worked out great to unthaw and warm up in the oven for a quick lunch on this dreary cloudy day. You can find the recipe here
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment