Tuesday, February 14, 2012

...it's the little things

By 7:30 this morning, my Valentine’s day was complete. A recap of my morning:


7am- I am getting ready in my bathroom when Ryder walks in, says “Happy Valentine’s Day, Mommy” and gives me a big sleepy hug. I then took him into the kitchen and let him open his Valentine’s card and his little treats/book, etc… He was happy with his goodies and then went on his merry way to brush his teeth and get dressed for the day. By 7:20, Ryder was still downstairs and hadn’t had breakfast yet. Frustrated at the fact that he was taking so long downstairs, I yelled down to him telling him to hurry up and that we were going to be late. (This is nothing new, our mornings are typically a little hectic trying to get everyone out the door, and we usually are late, no matter what). A minute later, Ryder comes upstairs and says, “Sorry it took so long mom, I just wanted to make you a special Valentine’s day card” and presented me with a blue sheet of construction paper that he had found downstairs. As he brought it to me, I realized he drew (in pencil) a picture of our family. He then “read” us the card- “Dear Mommy and Max, I love you soooooo much. And I love doing stuff with you. Happy Valentine’s day. Love, Ryder”

Honestly, it doesn’t get any better than that. And yes, I cried at work this morning just thinking about it. :)

As for P, she expressed her love by screeching and squealing in delight (her new favorite thing) all morning and giving me and daddy lots of smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment