Saturday, July 30, 2011

Family Vaca = SUCCESS!

Last weekend us crazy Hendricksons gathered at the Grand View Lodge on Gull Lake--there was 16 of us total in ONE "cottage" (and by cottage, I mean a three story gorgeous house on the lake!) and can you believe it.... we all made it out of there alive, without killing one another??? :)

Kidding, of course. It was such a relaxing weekend, and the same cottage is already booked for next summer because we just can't wait to get back!! Friday we piled up all our goodies and headed up around noon. Since we couldn't quite check in yet by the time we got there we went to the resort pool and lake and we were more than entertained. They really have something for everyone, including waitresses walking around taking drink orders (next time I go back I will NOT be preggo--I could have killed for an icy margarita!!) a pool and water slide for Ryder that he LOVED (duh), and a big sandy beach for us girls to relax at :) Finally we were able to check in at our cottage and get settled. Erin (my brother's girlfriend) and I discovered our love for kayaking! Who knew??) Ryder also discovered that he LOVES going on the jet ski and also is quite the fisherman thanks to the help of his cousin, Emily! Ryder is so used to being the only little kid around at my family gatherings but he just loves to tag along with his older cousins Sarah and Emily. Saturday my sister and I treated ourselves to a lakeside spa massage which was FABULOUS and much needed! Then we all went out for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate my grandparent's 50th anniversary and my husband got an eye opening experience -- he had never had the chance to witness my dad at a buffet, especially a buffet that included crab legs (his favorite!) It was....interesting to say the least!! It's amazing how much my dad can eat and I'm pretty sure we may have lost track of his trips up to the buffet. Sunday was lake, lake, lake as it was so beautiful outside and we just didn't want to leave... Unfortunately reality called and said it was time to check out for the day, so we ended our perfect vacation with a trip to the Chocolate Ox-- mmmmmm ice cream!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment