Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Well, it is the Johnson household anyway! Our tree is up (pictures posted soon....if you're lucky;) the Christmas lights are up on the house, and (the few) Christmas decorations we have are all up! I also got Ryder to take some winter pictures for me one snowy day last week for our Christmas card (which I LOVE by the way, thanks to Miss Emily Binsfeld!! I love her work and let's just say she is saving me LOTS of money on Christmas cards this year)--love it. Now if only I could finish up with the shopping! I don't have much left, but I'm definitely not done yet either.

The other exciting thing we have going on is our basement project has finally started! It is all framed up and we just picked out the bathtub this weekend so hopefully the plumbers/electrician get over here soon. I am sooooo excited to have the other half of our house to use, it is going to give us so much more space!! The basement will consist of the family/living room, a bedroom, and office/spare bedroom, storage room, full bathroom, and walkout to the (one day, when finished) patio! The upstairs will then have the master bedroom and master bathroom/closet, Ryder's bedroom, the guest bathroom, laundry room, kitchen, and what is now being used as a living room upstairs will eventually be the formal dining room! Other projects will be some painting projects, some renovation in Max and I's bathroom (knocking down a wall and installing a bathtub), and a tiled backsplash in our kitchen. Our house is a never ending project, but then again, who's isn't??

As a side note, Ryder has had a bad cold for the last week or so. It really hasn't stopped him from doing too much, since it's just a bad cough and runny nose, but his attitude has been soooooo bad. I've really had to practice some 'tough love' parenting lately. Seriously, this girl doesn't deal with backtalk from a three year old. Needless to say, I've had to whip out the "Santa is watching...." threat more than a few times lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment