Friday, October 1, 2010

10 Things On My Mind....(this ended up being super long!)

1. I CAN'T STAND FLIES. Nothing puts me in a worse mood than when I am toodling along, minding my own business, and then I hear/see a nasty beaty eyed little mass of disgustingness flying around and buzzing in my ear, trying to get in my food, or just plain annoying me. If you knew the satisfaction I get from picking up my handy-dandy fly swatter and smashing those little buggers to the ground you would probably be concerned for my mental health. Enough said.

2. Earlier this summer, I made what I consider to be a "lifestyle change" when it comes to what I eat. I decided to cut carbs from my diet because everytime I eat them I swell up and just feel disgusting (and yes, pasta was my FAVORITE food --now I can barely look at the stuff!) Anyways, it's been months now and I feel MUCH better, and even have more energy during the day (I know this sounds confusing since carbs can give you energy, but trust me, it works). The only downfall is on days like today when I decide to be a good wife and make my husband's favorite cookies -oatmeal chocolate chip -yum :) Needless to say, I had to indulge and have one....(Okay, two - but to be fair, they were small cookies!)

3. Since I'm talking about eating healthy I may as well talk about exercising... Recently I have fallen back in love with my treadmill - our relationship is about as consistent as Amber & Gary's (yes I just compared my exercise life with a ridiculous relationship from Teen Mom- haha!) What I mean is, I consider myself to be a pretty active person for the most part but at times I just get into lazy moods where I can pretty much find any excuse/reason not to work out. However, I've managed to learn the art of walking and watching. It sounds so simple, yet for so long I just could not do it -- watching tv while walking/running on the treadmill just was too much for me. Talk about lack of coordination! Anyways, I've figured it out now and me and my treadmill are just peachy :) My hips will thank me for it one day...

4. Speaking of hips... Nevermind, I won't get into that, but to those of you without children yet, cherish your hips dearly :)

5. I am ridiculously excited for Christmas. I'm not going to lie though, I get excited for Christmas around July. I'm just a freak like that, I come by it honestly. I start shopping super early too because I always think that it's nice for financial reasons to 'space it out' over the few months before Christmas. At least, that's what I tell Max... Really I just get antsy and want to buy gifts! In all seriousness though, it does probably save us money. August is usually when we start putting money away for the season and it seems to work out well for us. Being as organized as we both try to be, we start making lists and jotting down ideas right away so that we know what to look for in the sale ads... If you ask my co-workers they could verify this -- at a training in July I got SO BORED that I turned my notebook to a new page and made Christmas lists for the people we have to buy for this year...

6. I start my new job on Monday--lots of mixed feelings about this but mostly just excited and a little nervous! It will be SO NICE to be off of work at 3:45 everyday and be just a few minutes away from home -- ahhhhh wonderful!

7. In the next month or so, our basement project begins! We are hiring our good friend Kyle to finish the basement for us and we are thrilled to add more living space to our house! We have been waiting and waiting on one final detail to decide if we can finish the basement this year or not and we just found out that we can and are going to go ahead and do it now while we have the money... I am looking forward to it not only for more room but mainly for a big project like that to keep us busy and occupied this winter because those months can go so slow sometimes. I am excited to start picking out paint colors, decorations, furniture, etc. There are still alot of things upstairs that now that we've been in the house for a while (a year and a half now!) we've decided we want to change, but they are mostly smaller things and they've been coming together slowly. I've realized that making a house a home is not always the easiest thing in the world, but eventually it starts coming together.... :)

8. Another thing I've realized is that some things you always thought was so easy is not always so easy to do... In fact, it can be frustrating, upsetting, and can really take an emotional tole on you! Enough on that..

9. Next weekend is going to be a busy one-- My sister's bachelorette party is on Saturday night during which we will be going on a little party-bus adventure to all the greatest bars in the land, including Jacks in Darwin, Heroes in Litchy, SOBS in Kimball, Red Goat in Watkins, and Side Bar/Winners in Cold Spring....FABULOUS. :) I may be the lamest 23 year old around on most weekends (such as this weekend --it's friday night and I'm blogging, haha!) but I know how to hold my own at such festivities which require lots of booze, dancing, and ridiculous picture taking ;). Then on Sunday I have my nephew Calvin's 4th birthday party! I asked him what he wanted for his birthday today on the way to school and his reply was, "cake, ice cream, and ice cream cones" --Woah, dream big Cal! :)

10. Okay, enough blogging, seriously how did this get so long!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment